We’re looking for baristas and bartenders to join the team at our soon-to-open coffee shop and bar in the Fabric District (L3).
This is a really great opportunity for someone with barista and bar experience to get involved in a new venue and to help shape its vibe and identity. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a trained barista and bartender, or a trained barista looking to get involved in the world of cocktails, wines and beer.
Requirements & Info
- Barista Trained
- Position starting as soon as possible
- Full-time (average 35hrs – 40hrs per week)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- All tips split amongst staff
Day to day responsibilities will include;
- Preparing drinks from the daytime and evening menu
- Chatting to customers and making them feel welcome and relaxed in the space
- Operating efficiently in a small workspace keeping it clean and tidy
- Working alongside the bar manager to manage stock levels and assist with deliveries
- Learning the menu inside-and-out, whilst feeling confident in making suggested improvements and changes to the menu
Other responsibilities include; ad-hoc social media marketing and assisting in the set-up of small scale in-house events.
Beyond this, we’re just looking for an all-round sound person. Someone with experience in the local hospitality industry who is passionate about delivering a good time to every customer who walks through the door.
A chance to shape the identity of a brand new coffee shop and bar.
Clear and upfront salary progression and target setting.
After 6 months of working with us, you will receive a £30 voucher to spend in Melodic Bar and Coffee Shop every quarter.
The opportunity to engage in staff training and improve your skill set.
The ethos behind the Melodic Bar and Coffee Shop is one of inclusivity. We want the space to be welcoming to all people regardless of age, gender, identity, race, sexual orientation or ethnicity. The successful candidate will be expected to be a part of cultivating this environment from the beginning.
We strive to create a Covid-19 secure workplace that includes; adhering to the latest industry guidance, social distancing where possible, temperature checks, hand sanitisation points and regular staff training.